Full Time, Portsmouth. £18135 pa
The Tall Ships Youth Trust is looking for a strong administrator who is well organised, has a good attention to detail and who has good communication skills, both orally and written.
The Volunteers Administrative Assistant’s primary role is to support the Trust’s Youth and Development Manager in all aspects of working with volunteers – from coordinating and promoting volunteer opportunities to increasing the number of active volunteers around the country who support the Trust.
The Tall Ships Youth Trust is one of the world’s oldest sail training charity. We offer young people, from all walks of life, unique physically and mentally challenging experiences at sea which aim to develop their long-term life skills including team working, confidence and problem-solving skills. We also offer adventure voyages for adults which directly support our highly effective Youth Development Programme. Many of the young people who sail with us are marginalised by society and feel their life prospects are low but we equip them with the skills they need to turn their lives around, this could be as simple as cooking and cleaning or giving them the responsibility of steering an ocean going yacht. We have a vision of society where the exclusion of young people and lack of opportunities to them are things of the past. We are doing everything we can to make this vision a reality.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Administrative duties to support the Youth and Development Manager to coordinate and promote volunteer opportunities and to increase the number of active volunteers. Specific responsibilities include:
• Ensuring all new prospective volunteers are send an application pack and that they complete the application and DBS forms.
• Ensuring all DBS certificates are current
• Ensuring volunteers details are entered onto the TSYT database, and updated when necessary
• To assist in the production of a core training pack, and ensuring all new volunteers complete the training
• Acting as liaison between volunteers and central office
• Sending regular communications to volunteers on behalf of the Youth and Volunteer Manager, sharing news, progress, fundraising ideas, and other opportunities
• Assisting in the arrangements for volunteer conferences
• Assisting the Youth and Volunteer Manager as requested
• One day a week administrational support for the team at central office as required
• Good communication skills, both orally and written
• An understanding, or willingness to learn the GDPR constraints
• Strong administrative skills, well organized and good attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a small team
• Able to prioritise workload and mange numerous work strands simultaneously
• A growth/learning mindset
How to apply
Although there is no closing date, an appointment will be made as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.